Friday, July 2, 2010

Potty,Potty, Potty.

I met a mom of boys that swears the way to do potty-training is to take off their undies and let them run.  I care too much for my carpet and upholstery for that, so I bought the book on one-day potty training.  It worked to a great extent--all except the independent potty part.  The theory is that he teaches a doll that wets how to potty and gets alot of cookie rewards and drinks alot of juice.  Well, he pees and empties the potty bowl, and puts soiled undies in the plastic bucket, and helps me clean up, and gets new undies and shorts (shorts, denim especially, are the key to training underwear and saving the carpet!).  No independant potties yet and poops-well.  He calls them--dragon in my pants.  One day I said his pants were dragging, did he have something in there? He turned and twisted, looked in the back and the front, and said "There's no dragon in my pants, Mama!"

No comments:

Post a Comment