Monday, July 5, 2010

On the Phone

Today was one of those harried, hurried days.  Where everything seems to be just one thing too much.  You know what I mean.  So at 11am I am on hold to my internet server--its taking 20 minutes to connect to the internet, I timed it--and am on hold for 40, count them, 40 minutes.  In this 40 minutes, I was frantically telling my son to shush, and one-handedly comforting him as he screamed his head off, while I hoped and hoped that NOW would not be the time the rep came on the phone.  Instead, my little darling went to play in his room eventually; played quietly, too!  However, as my time was up and the rep asked in his saltine-box voice how he could help me I heard a little voice in the background.  "Mama, I'm poopy."  Great.  Wow.  How do I handle this?  What I did was say to the rep it was an internet connection problem, and knowing I was supermom stood up to take care of little boy, stepped backward and tripped over his wooden child-sized chair.  My toes bent in two, my back  cracked, my butt hit the floor.  All this time, mind you, I am trying to communicate with the rep.  And again, "Mama, I'm poopy!"  So knowing I had to take the call, and knowing I am a multitasking supermom, I give him (the child) directions for what to do.  Empty undies in the potty.  Dirty undies and pants to the soiled clothes bucket. Bring wipes and clean clothes to mama.  And lo and behold he did!  Wow!  The rep, blast his soul, said that the internet connection was fine but my computer was bogged down.  So I went to Norton Utilities, did every scan and search they had, then went to add/delete hardware and sifted thru it.  I am proud to say it now only takes me 2 minutes to connect, versus 20.

No comments:

Post a Comment